Good god, this was a long suffering spin.
And I blathered on so much about it…
Last year, I was thrilled to buy the wool – Pigeonroof Studios superwash merino in “zucchini blossom.”
I fantasized about pairing it with other yarn from my stash to become some sturdy socks.
I realized I spun the first bobbin backwards, so I got irritated and put it away.
I started spinning it again during last year’s Tour de Fleece.
I cut my thumb.
I blamed the wool and put it away.
I got it out to finally finish for this year’s Tour de Fleece.
I made a three-ply and thought all was fine.
I ran out of one of my three plies.
I am now done.
I have 258 yards of a heavy fingering/light sport wonky 3ply, and 114 yards of a light fingering/fingering wonky 2ply.
(And we won’t speak of this).
And I’ll shut up about now until I have a finished item from it…
if I ever have one at all…
(Incidentally, I did fry up those blossoms and it was a mushy miserable failure, as are most of my neglected zucchini plants which are lousy with stupid male blooms).